1,330 free recipes at www.edenfoods.com
Serves 8 | Prep Time 20 minutes | Cook Time 1 hour
• 1 Tbsp Eden Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 cups onions, diced
• 1/2 cup celery, diced
• 1 tsp Eden Ground Thyme
• 3/4 cup Eden Wild Rice, rinsed and drained
• 3/4 cup Eden Short Grain Brown Rice, washed and drained
• 4 cup vegetable stock, see Eden's recipe, or store bought
• 1 whole bay leaf
• 1/2 cup Eden Dried Montmorency Cherries, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 cup Eden Apple Juice
• 1/2 cup filberts (hazel nuts), lightly dry pan roasted, chopped
• 1/2 tsp Eden Sea Salt
• 1/4 tsp Eden Black Pepper
• 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the garlic and onions for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the celery, thyme, wild rice, brown rice, vegetable stock, bay leaf, sea salt and pepper. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium low and simmer for approximately 1 hour until the rice is tender.
Place the juice and cherries in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and turn the flame off. Allow the cherries to soak in the juice until the rice is done.
Remove the rice from the flame and discard the bay leaf. Mix in the filberts, dried cherries, remaining cooking juice, and the parsley. Toss to fluff with a fork and serve.
Per serving: 245 calories, 8g fat (28% calories from fat), 5g protein, 41g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium