1,330 free recipes at www.edenfoods.com
Serves 8 | Prep Time 10 minutes | Cook Time 40 minutes
• 2 cups Eden Quinoa, or Red Quinoa, washed and drained
• 3 cups water, for cooking quinoa
• 4 cups water
• 0.88 ounces Eden Whole Shiitake Mushrooms, or Sliced Shiitake Mushrooms
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup Eden Kuzu Root Starch, dissolved in 1/3 cup cold water
• 2 Tbsp Eden Shoyu Soy Sauce, or to taste
• 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped for garnish
Place quinoa and 3 cups water in a medium saucepan, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium-low and simmer 15 minutes. Remove from flame and let sit for 5 minutes.
While the quinoa is cooking, bring 4 cups of water to a boil, add the shiitake, cover and simmer 20 minutes. Remove shiitake, discard stems and slice caps. (If using Eden Sliced Shiitake, just place in the water without soaking and do not remove.) Place the shiitake back into the boiling water. Add onions and garlic and cook another 5 minutes. Slowly add the dissolved kuzu, stirring constantly to prevent lumping, until thick and translucent. Add the shoyu, reduce flame to low, and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Serve over quinoa. Garnish with chopped green onions.
Per serving: 207 calories, 3g fat (11% calories from fat), 6g protein, 39g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 0mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium