11 August 2020
Food eaten in small quantities between meals are snacks. Sometimes they replace meals. Snacks are essential to maintain energy and emotional levels on a strong, even keel.
Food choices are all important to physical well-being and quality of life. Yet snacks have been commercially transformed into toxic anti-food in recent times. Availability of good snacks to enjoy and satisfy basic need has become rare. Commercial, commonly available snacks are loaded with bad fat, refined sugars, bad salt, and toxic chemical ‘processing aids’, colors, and conditioners.
Good snacks can be leftovers like a bowl of soup, fruit, or vegetables. They can be pure, real food like EDEN Snacks and Popcorn, good snack choices. They do a far better job keeping metabolism and frame of mind in sound, balanced working order.
Good food snacks can also help us avoid overeating. They are part of a healthy, balanced diet. Need of a good snack arises frequently. EDEN Snacks and Popcorn provide satisfying pleasure and a range of essential nutrients: complex carbs, protein, fiber, healthy monounsaturated & polyunsaturated essential fats, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and polyphenol antioxidants.
There are ten superlative EDEN snacks in 4 oz. reclosable pouches, 1 oz. Pocket Snacks, and in bulk. They provide great taste, superb nourishment, and deep satisfaction. All are low to very low sodium, contain no refined sugar, sulfites, or other chemicals, are gluten free, , and Non-GMO. Check ‘em out.
• Wild Blueberries, dried – wild organic lowbush, handpicked, apple juice sweetened, a mist of organic safflower oil prevents clumping.
• Cranberries, dried – ruby red, organic Native American variety, sweet and tangy, organic apple juice concentrate infused. A mist of organic safflower oil prevents clumping.
• Montmorency Tart Cherries, dried – sweet and tart, organic and transitional-to-organic. Called the ‘pie’ and ‘healing’ cherry.
• Pumpkin Seeds – organic, dry roasted, and sea salt misted.
• Spicy Pumpkin Seeds – organic, #1 best-selling and award winning. Dry roasted, seasoned with imported tamari soy sauce, organic garlic and cayenne.
• Pistachios – U.S., organic, shelled, dry-roasted and EDEN Sea Salt misted.
• Tamari Almonds – U.S., organic, dry roasted and imported soy sauce misted.
• Quiet Moon – Lightly salted mix of organic roasted pumpkin seeds, raw sunflower seeds, and roasted tamari almonds with organic raisins and transitional-to-organic Montmorency tart cherries.
• Wild Berry Mix – Sweet, tangy, organic unsalted roasted almonds, roasted pumpkin seeds, raw sunflower seeds, and all organic raisins, dried cranberries, and dried wild blueberries.
• Spicy Berry Mix –Sweet, tangy, spicy organic seed and dried fruit mix of roasted pumpkin seeds, spicy pumpkin seeds, raw sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, raisins, and dried blueberries. Exceptionally pleasing.
• Raisins – U.S., organic Thompson variety – 1 lb. (edenfoods.com only)
• Mango Slices – organic, high-altitude Peru, peeled, sliced, dried – 7 oz. (edenfoods.com only)
• Apple Slices – U.S., organic dried green apples. Just sweet and tart apples – 4 oz. (edenfoods.com only)
• Apricots – U.S., family orchard organic, dried – 8 oz. (edenfoods.com only)
EDEN snacks are pure food, made using methods to enhance them. Many people avoid snack foods to stay away from toxically processed food, and believe snacks mean weight gain. Both concerns are void if pure, good snack food is chosen. Eden Foods selects non-irradiated, non-GMO, organic seasonings for EDEN Snacks made at Eden’s production facility. Equipment and procedures are multi-third-party inspected and highly rated for purity and safety.
Popcorn is America’s favorite snack food. About 17 billion quarts of popcorn are eaten yearly, 70% being enjoyed at home. It is 100% whole grain nourishment. As in all whole grain, popcorn contains a lot of polyphenol antioxidants that prevent cellular damage from toxins. Researchers reported these findings at the 238th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society (ACS). Dr. Joe Vinson of the University of Pennsylvania said, “Early researchers thought fiber was the active ingredient for the benefits of whole grain … But recently polyphenols emerged as potentially more important.” Dr. Vinson further reported, “We really were surprised by the levels of polyphenols we found in popcorn. I guess it is because it’s not processed.”
Not all popcorn is a healthy snack. Conventional non-organic popcorn is on FDA’s Total Diet Study listing the top 10 foods most contaminated with pesticides and chemicals. The chemicals are POPs (persistent organic pollutants) and have serious implications even when exposure is at extraordinarily low levels because many of these chemicals mimic human and animal hormones and cross the placenta during pregnancy. POPs are also linked to declining population of birds and other animals. Organic agriculture cleanses the environment. EDEN Popcorn – for better taste and better quality of life.
Organic EDEN Popcorn is organic U.S. yellow popcorn with superior popping qualities for large, fluffy popped kernels with exceptional good taste and intended benefits of nature. Available in 20 oz. resealable packages and bulk.
Keep EDEN Snacks in the pantry for home enjoyment, school, travel, work, running errands, lunches, parties, camping, and guests. Garnish salad, grain dishes, pasta, soup, and stews. Use them on cereal, in smoothies, desserts, baked goods, and granola. The EDEN Popcorn Bowl gift set is a sure hit. It provides high-oleic organic EDEN Safflower Oil, EDEN Sea Salt, organic EDEN Garlic Gomasio sesame salt, and a 4 oz. package of EDEN Quiet Moon snack mix that’s delicious in popcorn balls and caramel corn. Visit edenfoods.com for free recipes and information on EDEN Snack Samplers and the EDEN Snack Gift Tote.
©2021 Eden Foods, Inc.