©2014 Eden Foods, Inc.
» » »
Insights Into Biodynamic Farming and Farm Products
25 February 2003
with permission of the Demeter Association, Inc.
- "Biodynamic" is the name given to a system of farming based on lectures of Austrian Rudolf Steiner in the 1920s.
- The name signifies a living, dynamic interaction of biological systems.
- The plant environment is considered to be not just soil, but a whole dynamic community, including subtle energies which come to earth from the cosmos.
- Ideally the farm is a total self-sufficient organism.
- A balance of nature's kingdoms is sought so that all things co-exist in harmony.
- Plant, animal and mineral materials are composted before use.
- Special preparations described by Rudolf Steiner "wake up" the plants to the subtle positive energies that surround them.
- These special preparations bring a profound healing to the Earth.
- The result is true food which will nourish body and spirit.
- For the farmer, biodynamics represents a schooling in a deeper comprehension of Nature's ways.
There are 44 Demeter certified Biodynamic farms in the U.S. and Mexico.
- Demeter organizations exist for the purpose of certifying Biodynamic® farm practices. They also offers an "Aurora Certified Organic" program with enhanced organic standards to recognize farms that are practicing wholistic farm stewardship without making a commitment to Biodynamic agriculture. 'Biodynamic' is a registered certification mark of Demeter Association, Inc.
Inquiries are welcome. Please contact:
Demeter Association, Inc.
Aurora, NY 13026
phone 315 364 5617
fax 315 364 5224